Re: linux on a win partition

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Charles Menzes wrote:

> i have a brand new laptop from my night job that has a large drive with
> windows installed. i cant wipe the drive to install Linux, but i thought i
> had seen some distro that could create an actuall ext2 partition of sorts
> on a fat16/32 drive and keep the windows os intact?
> does redhat have this capability? i want to say the distribution i had
> seen was mandrake or turbolinux.

I think this has already been discussed, you might want to check the
archive at <http://www.luci.org>.

Anyhow, I know Walnut Creek CDROM  puts out a slackware distro called
Zipslack <http;//www.slackware.com/zipslack/>. It is designed to be loaded
onto a zip disk, they have another one called bigslack (same page) that
has more features.

That may fit your needs, although I'd be surprised if it does, considering
the source.

Jordan Bettis.
"Probably the best operating system in the world is the [operating system]
 made for the PDP-11 by Bell Laboratories." - Ted Nelson, October 1977