Re: tulip problem

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Jason Burke wrote:

> I don't mean to be a jerk here, but do you think we
> can leave out the foul language in a public forum.
>
> In any event, you should be able to pass the io port

# Ahhhhrrrggggg. Damn idiots writing the "help" screens. Passing an IRQ
# or I/O address to a PCI driver will *prevent* the driver from loading.
 -Don Becker <http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-tulip/2000-Oct/0009.html>

 ^ What he said.

> of the card when you load the module. So, is it working
> now or not? I couldn't tell from your message.

> Jordan Bettis wrote:
> > It is only sending at about 3.5Mbps, but I am following an evolving
> > conversation on tulip-bug on that issue right now.

It couldn't very well be sending at all if it were not working, could it?

Jordan Bettis.
"Probably the best operating system in the world is the [operating system]
 made for the PDP-11 by Bell Laboratories." - Ted Nelson, October 1977