Re: At Home cable modem service on linux

I dont believe a "hostname" in this case would work. I would have him tell
them he is not on Windows. DHCP can be configured for security reasons to
assign IPs only to those "hostnames" that you configure. They may have
that measure in place. If so, they would really need to make an exception
for unix users.

Tim Grossner
Field Operations Manager        CCNA, MCP, A+
Southwestern Bell Datacom
voice - 217-522-7564
pager - 217-467-3148
cell - 217-971-3060