Re: At Home cable modem service on linux

I don't use ATT's service, but I know that my campus network does require a hostname.  We have to pass it to pump or dhcpcd at the time it requests an IP address.  For example in pump the command we use is:
	#pump -h myhostname eth0
Hope this helps you out.

Ben Story
Sysadm