Re: Web Stats/Log Analyzers

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 02:21:44PM -0600, Justin R. Meats wrote:
> What Web Stats/Log Analyzers do any of you use for reporting your web site
> stats?
>
> I tried the trial of Web Trends Enterprise Reporting Server for Linux, but
> the $3,000 up front and $600/year seems a little steep.  What other good
> ones for Linux are there out there?

I really need to start checking this address more often... :)

Personally, I use the webalizer - http://www.webalizer.org/
(www.teleologic.net/webalizer/ if you're curious).  It's free, and does
squid and wu-ftpd native logs too.  There's supposed to be some cool thing
for Roxen, but I've yet to actually find it...

If that's too complicated (it's not) you could use ipchains/iptables and SNMP
triggers, with maybe a little perl as well to get MRTG to put together some
little graph thingies (MRTG can graph everything).
	http://www.freshmeat.net/search/?q=mrtg

--Danny