Re: WindowMaker question

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 08:24:14PM -0600, Erich Schroeder wrote:
> Hey,
>   After upgrading(?)

Heh, the jury is still out on that.

> to RedHat 7.0 I find that the icon in the upper left
> corner which by default has a paperclip (but not an anoying one) is gone.

If you load the windomaker prefrences program (mine is at /usr/X11R6/bin/WPrefs
but my box is Debian GNU/Linux, so YMMV). Go to the icon at the top that has
a purple background with a grey window and icons down the right and bottom.

If you click on it, the right side of the wpref window, there should be a
Dock/Clip option with two icons, the top for the docket, and the bottom for
the clip. The clip one should have a bit red 'X' through it. if that's the
case (hopefully) try to select it, close wpref, and restart windomaker.

> Now I can't move between different workspaces. What is the thing to have
> running to allow several workspaces? Seems as though I have gotten this

Windomaker can do multiple workspaces with no dock or clip, after creating
a new workspace by using the right click menu, do <ctrl><alt> and press ether
a right or left arrow on your keyboard to switch between workspaces.

--
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb/>
Showing up is 80% of life.