Re: ttf support under linux

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 02:07:22AM -0600, charles@lunarmedia.net wrote:
> ttf isnt supported natively under linux. a fact that i am really having
> difficulty dealing with.
>
> i've got ttf2pt1 compiled and running on my machine, however its having a
> seriously hard time dealing with converting dingbat and other
> non-essential fonts to type1.
>
> does anyone have insight into what the future of ttf support on linux will
> be, or what other alternatives exist outside of ttf2pt1?

I was under the understanding that XFree4.0 does natively. I'm not sure of
that though as I haven't tried it myself, but it might be something to
check out if that's a big thing for you.

I do know that it can render fonts anti-aliased.

--
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb/>
The future is a myth created by insurance salesmen and high school counselors.