MySQL and loading tables from a file.

I'm currently looking into loading a comma-delimited file (generated fron an
Excel spreadsheet) into a MySQL database.

LOAD DATA INFILE is the current item I'm looking at, and it does pretty much
everything I want, however, it only snart enough (or so the documentation has
me believing) to load that data into a single table.

My conundrum is that the source file only has the information I would like to
use for perhaps 5 fields of one table, and 3 fields of another.

Does anyone know the best way to tell MySQL to split this up, or am I going to
have to split this up using external tools?

TIA,

Mike