Re: php book recommendations?

I really think Julie C. Meloni did a really good job with her books 'PHP
Essentials' and 'PHP Fast & Easy Web Development'.

F&EWD is nice, in that it uses numbers and really breaks down each script,
though it covers material over and over again.

I personally prefer the other mnost, but either one will go a long way to
introduce you to the language. After her books, go for the PHP Bible or the
PHP Developers Dictionary.. both are really good.. as well, if you want
another good reference book, with project/task based information, check out
the 'PHP Developers Cookbook' by the same people.

Regards,

Mike

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 05:05:40PM -0500, charles@lunarmedia.net wrote:
> does anyone have a good recommendation of a beginning php book?
> i'm reading through php.net now, but it looks as though oreilly's book is
> more or less a synopsis of the php.net command reference rather than an
> introductory work.
>
> thanks for any suggestions -charles

--Damacus Porteng: damacus@munich.com & damacus@bastion.yi.org
--Webpage: http://bastion.yi.org/~damacus/ (PGP on site)
--IRC: net=irc.galaxynet.org nick=damacus chan=#cronus
--PHP Web Developer, Student, Computer/Linux Geek.