Re: smb mount issues

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 12:09:11PM -0500, charles@lunarmedia.net wrote:
> i am running:
>
> /usr/bin/smbmount //fileserver/mp3 /home/mp3 \
> 	 username=charles password=testing
>
> each time i do this, i am prompted for a password in spite of the fact
> that i am specifying one. on the fileserver, i ran
>
> 	smbpasswd -a charles
>
> and put in the corresponding password. likewise, on my local machine, i am
> logged into the box as user charles with the corresponding password. the
> man page seems to imply that i should not be prompted for the password if
> i include the option with a valid passphrase for the specified user.
>
> on my client pc, i have not started smbd/nmbd.
>
> anyone know samba enough to point out the solution to this problem?

I don't see the "-o" that's supposed to precede the options, there...
You might try putting the '-o' in between 'mp3 ' and ' username='.  It's
probably using your login name instead of the one you specify on the
command line as well, and only getting as far as the password because
the login's coincidentally *also* charles.

--Danny