Re: Sendmail issue

Tim said:
> I would think that the average workstation user wouldnt install sendmail
> since he wouldnt need it. If installing sendmail, that implies that you
> want to "send mail" through it, eh?

Lots of things assume /bin/mail (and, by extension,
/usr/sbin/sendmail) work.  Stuff like crond and atd especially.
That's why sendmail replacements like Postfix have to install a
/usr/sbin/sendmail that works for sending mail from the command line.

AFAIK, sendmail is a required package on Red Hat.

(618)398-7320             | See web site for meeting details.