Re: Init and other problems

The entire RedHat install cdrom is mounted at ftp.luci.org.  You can get to
the /dosutils directory and download /images/boot.img and
/dosutils/rawrite.exe to the computer at the library and create a floppy
right there (in dos or win).  The boot disk you create will let you boot
your box to a "rescue" prompt (I think, I really haven't crossed that bridge
yet) or reinstall RedHat from your cdrom.

ppp for dos?  I can't help you there as I have not tried to connect a dos
box to the 'net.

ipchains-like for win32?  I am not sure about that.  I do know that there is
a very excellent firewall at www.zonelabs.com that is free for personal use.
I has gotten very high independent ratings,  even higher than most other
commericial packages available for win32.  Keep in mind that most of what
you will find for win firewalls is considered "application" level firewalls
and not really packet-level firewalls.

Either way, I will bring a boot floppy (created from boot.img) and a system
boot disk to the meeting.  For the system boot disk, I need to know if your
box is a 386, 486, Pentium, etc so I know what kernel to put on it.

I hope this helps....

Thanks,
Aaron Cronkright
aaron@cronkright.com