Re: S.U.S.E apache ssl question

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:49:20AM -0500, Erich Schroeder wrote:
> My, I'm full of questions today,
>
>   I have just done an install of SUSE 7.1 and am working on getting an SSL
> version of apache running. On this machine I'm using the stock SUSE apache
> install, with the mod_ssl rpm installed. When doing a restart using the
> /etc/rc.d/apache script it reports that it is including the SSL modual, as
> well as PHP4, mod_perl and others, but if i try going to
> https://localhost/ it gets refused.
>
>   Can anyone familiar with SUSE point me to a SUSE-specific howto on this?
> I haven't been able to find one.

First of all, I'm annoyed that mod_php4 works for you and not for me on
my SuSE 7.1 install.  Stupid Sparc version. :(

Have you looked through /usr/share/doc/packages/mod_ssl ?  Usually, if you
look at the apache error log, it will complain that the certificate that
you're using is either invalid or has not been generated.  You'll probably
need to generate a certificate using a script that comes with openssl.  The
ssl_howto.html file in there might help some, as will the mkcert.sh file
in there after you "chmod +x" it.  That's about as much as I remember right
now. :)

--Danny