Re: AB Box

Okay, our KVM switch is $70 for 4 port (Linksys at Buy.com), and uses
Belkin cables. ($10/pair)

Hard switches (AB Switches) is very hard on your equipment. For some
reason they are very known for burning out the peripherals you have
attached. It's not the same as printer switches. You aren't sending a
constant signal to your printer, so when you switch machines for a single
printer, a new route is taken, but with monitors and such, you have a
constant signal, and if you hard switch them, it's hard on the
peripherals you are sending to..

Sorry I don't have a more technical explanation. I just know (and
confirmed with Steven) that the hard switch ones are too expensive, and
are known to burn up monitors and keyboards.

-Kara