LPI Level 2 Beta Exams coming in less than 6 weeks (fwd)

I thought some of you might be interested in this...

----- Forwarded message from Julie Thornton -----

Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:00:50 -0500
From: Julie Thornton <julie@lpi.org>
Subject: LPI Level 2 Beta Exams coming in less than 6 weeks

LPI is in the final stages of preparing the Level 2 tests, and I have
been guaranteed that we will have delivery of the Level 2 beta by
September 4 at the very latest.

In order to best accommodate your needs as members of the Linux
Community, we are creating and implementing a flexible plan that will
help us deliver the Level 2 beta tests to at least 300 qualified**
candidates in less than six weeks while maintaining the strict
security measures necessary to successfuly maintain the validity of
the tests.

Deployment of the beta tests will involve two types of tests:

    - VUE testing centers around the world will offer a single,
      extended exam which will be divided into two exams upon final
      publishing. This allows us to keep costs as low as possible in
      beta deployment while offering you the opportunity to take the
      test in one sitting, with only one fee of $84 due to VUE testing
      centers. Plese note that there will be two tests once the final
      exams are published in November, so this offer is limited to the
      beta period ONLY.

    - Also, we will be offering proctored testing sites around the
      world where there are 20 or more qualified** individuals who are
      interested in taking the beta exams using low cost "paper"
      tests. If you are a member of a group interested in hosting a
      proctored exam site during the month of September, please get in
      touch with me immediately. We have a limited number of LPI staff
      who are willing to assist in various areas around the world.

Test Results:

Beta test results will be available in November via a secure website
interface, so there will not be a lengthy waiting period for exam
results.

Getting Certified:

If you are a qualified** beta test candidate, start studying NOW to
prepare for the Level 2 extended beta exams. Test objectives are on
the LPI website at

    http://www.lpi.org/p-L2-obj-pre.html

Finally, on behalf of all of the many volunteers around the world who
have contributed their time and the 600+ LPIC-1 Alumni - THANK YOU -
for your contributions of time, support, prayers, and advice as we
approach the end of our second test development program. LPI is proud
to work with our many volunteers, and we are grateful for your
contributions.

** A qualified Level 2 beta test candidate is one who:

    - Is a professional Linux Systems Administrator
    - Has about 3-4 years of UNIX/Linux sysadmin experience
    - Has successfully passed both of the LPIC-1 tests (optional to
      take the test, but mandatory to recieve certification as LPIC-2)

--
All the best -

Julie Thornton, Marketing Director
Linux Professional Institute