Re: SSH and KDE

Ricky Bryce said:
> Does anyone know of a way that I can logon to the redhat machine from the
> mandrake machine, and run the KDE and have it run as though I was sitting
> right at the redhat machine?

You have two choices.  Either configure gdm/kdm on the Red Hat box to
accept remote connections and then run "X -query <redhat box IP> :0"
(use :1 if X is already running), or take a look at VNC:

    http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

Note that the gdm/kdm option is not at all secure and shouldn't be
used on an unprotected network.

VNC has two advantages.  One, you can leave a desktop running and just
connect to it when you need it.  Second, it works nicely over
low-bandwidth links.