Re: Sircam defense

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 02:35:09PM -0700 or thereabouts, Robert Threet wrote:
> --- Danny Sauer <sauer@cloudmaster.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at Robert Threet
> > wrote:
> > Actually, wasn't a procmail rule that covered the
> > sircam-style messages posted a few weeks ago?
>
> A show of hands "Who implemented this?"  "Anyone....?" (Am
> I the only one who didn't?)

Bob,
here is the recipe.  It really just notifies the sender of what he sent,
as you can see, but can easily be adapted to put it into /dev/null

:0 Bh
*I send you this file in order to have your advice
*daeLRCQEM9KJEIN8JAwAdBmLRCQEi1QkCIkQi0\QkDCtEJAiLVCQEiUIEg8QUXV9eW8NTVldV
|(formail -rtb -I "Precedence: junk" \
-I "Subject: SirCam Virus Spam Worm"; \
echo "Your computer is infected with the SirCam worm. Please see"; \
echo "http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,45427,00.html for more
information.")\

--
Best regards,