Re: Debian install w/o CD over wireless

Previously Danny Sauer (sauer@cloudmaster.com):

> I hear crazy Debian people all the time saying "all you need is a floppy
> and an internet connection; install the base from some floppies and have
> it pull the rest of the stuff over the 'net!"
Well, that's close.  You'll need the rescue disk and the root disk, and
5 driver disks.  Installing over ethernet, you don't need the base disks,
as you can connect over ethernet without the base disks.  I'd think you
should be able to do the same with the wireless.  On the other hand, if
you do the base disks from floppy, that works well too, its just slower
than ethernet, and means more floppies to download.

>  Well, I guess it's about
> time I try Debian, but where in the heck do I find out how to install over
> my happy wireless link?  Is that possible?
If you can get wireless to work with any distribution, it should work with
Debian.  One problem you might have, is the stable boot disks are about
a year old now, and they might not have the drivers for your wireless card.
You might need to try the latest boot disks, but there seems to be a lot
of activity going on with them, so I you might have problems with them.

Mark