Re: my computer is......

Hi Mike,

On Tuesday, December 11, 2001, 12:06 PM, you hammered out in part about "my computer is......":

MC>   I've been to their pager and tried the depmod -a fix and using the
MC> unlisted FBDev driver. I have looked thru the monitor section of
MC> XF86Config-4 and found all kinds of monitor stuff but am unsure of
MC> where to set the actual refresh rates. I am going to reinstall 8.1
MC> now and see if I can figure it out. Their is no monitor listed for
MC> my monitor during install any suggestions? my preferences are
MC> 1024x768 with a vertical refresh of 68.67 (thats the book
MC> listing)and a  horizontal refresh of 85khz . Thanx for the help !

If no monitor, I would select the generic one, and go into options, and
hand select your hor and vert... you will see a range, also select a
range of refresh rates 50-80 or something like that, whatever falls in
your specs. The key thing is that you have the specs to put in, so this
will be of benefit to you.  I remember seeing an option to hand select
your monitor rates.  It might be under custom install method, but should
be available under a workstation install.  I just do not remember which
one, but do know you can do it.

--

Best regards,
 Gary

Today's thought: A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of
thinking.