Re: net install redhat

I have been able to install via ftp, but it was back on a redhat
6.something (or maybe 5.something) on sparc. The RH 7.1 installation guide
lists installation via both ftp and http.

eks

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Danny Sauer wrote:

> Is it possible to install redhat on a machine that only has a floppy
> drive and a network card, without setting up an NFS server?  I'd like
> to install via FTP, if possible, as downloading stuff I don't need is
> a bit wasteful...
>
> Thanks.
> --Danny, trying new things

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/