Re: net install redhat

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 06:39:37PM -0600, Mike808 wrote:
> "Bob T. Kat" wrote:
> > I know it's possible with suse and openbsd, actually I just read that it
> > is possible from the readme
>
> I've actually done it with SuSE. Worked great. Once you determined the
> IP addresses for ftp.suse.com. There is no DNS during the install (YaSTx),
> so you need to know the IP for your ftp repository.
>
> My advice: lookup the IP's first, then write them down in your manual.
> Or on the CD.

I'm pretty sure that you can swith to one of the terminals with a shell and
do an "echo 1.2.3.4 >> /etc/resolv.conf" (where 1.2.3.4 is your DNS server's
IP) and then just install from ftp.suse.com (or where ever).  It would work
on old versions - I haven't installed it via FTP for about 1.5 years, though.

--Danny