Re: making a process "watch dog" - shell or Perl?

See ...  that's why I asked.  That's way more clever than
what I did.  I spewed the process list to a file, looked
for the process and if it wasn't there, restarted it.  It
runs every 1 minute under cron.  Yours is live.  Cool.
Thanks!

http://www.silug.org/~steve/software/scripts/perl/namedmon