ITS and the PDP-10

Hey all,

I was getting bored over the holiday break and started
looing up more obscure operating systems to play with
(Plan9, GNU/Hurd, and a partially working xMach are
not enough) and I came to old ITS. I did a few
searches and found a couple of emulators (see the
links at the bottom) for it and source plus some docs.
I was wondering if any of you have used (at this point
I'd even go for seen it used) before and could give me
pointers. This is probrably going to be a
next-to-impossible project but if I can get a version
of ITS running on my PDP-10 emulator, I'm going to use
the EMACS source (compile it of course) and try to
write a TCP stack. (I like to dream big).

If any of you can provide any help I'd be grateful and
when (okay, if) I get this working I'll bring it into
a meeting sometime. Later (now the links)

http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/pdp10emu.html - What
I'm using to start out with

http://pdp10.nocrew.org/ - The site at which I found
everything

http://www.cosmic.com/u/mirian/its - An ITS starter
kit (but that would be the easy way)

the ITS starter kit and other ITS stuff. Send
"subscribe" in the subject to subscribe.

Brandon Adams
brandonjadams@yahoo.com
god_uses_linux@yahoo.com