FWD: Re: Jforum: J501 early beta available

FYI            Bob Ashworth

From: "Eric Iverson" <eiverson@interlog.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:34:31 -0500

The System.out.println line: jconsole path:
/home/amrufon/J501/jconsole -jconnect 1030
is saying that JFE is starting the jconole (J engine) as a separate task. If
it didn't find jconsole at that path you would get an error message. That
means it ran it ok. The JFE communicates with the jconsole (J engine)
through a socket connection. The -jconnect 1030 parameter is the socket
number that will be used.

You need to have sockets (TCP/IP) installed on your Linux system for JFE to
work with jconsole. If you don't, then that is the problem and you can fix
it by installing the TCP/IP package from your Madrake install kit. If this
is the problem it also indicates that the code to detect and report this
problem isn't working as it should give a useful error message, not just
hang.