Re: AOL in Negotiations to Buy Red Hat

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Tim Grossner wrote:

> How do you forsee LPi as benefiting from this carnage?

Less competition. RHCE isn't likely to have as much value in the community
if it's sold out to AOL. LPI is already administering 1000 exams a month,
and each month grows.

Then again, RHCE really caters to a different market. They might benefit
in mass numbers with their RHAOLCE, people wanting to become AOL
certified. /me shudders.

Don't misunderstand me. I do -not- want this carnage to happen.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/