Re: lnx4win

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 13:26, Danny Sauer wrote:
> Quite a few recent distributions ship with "parted" in the boot image,
> which can be used to just resize partitions.  I've resized several fat32
> partitions with it, and have had no problems (when defragging the
> partition a few times before resizing).  That may be an option you'd
> like to explore...

Just a side note: This was Progeny's recommended solution for resizing
partitions for Progeny Debian users, and we never heard of problems with
it.  And this was with an older version of parted as well.

We also used parted to do the partitioning for our installer.  Imagine
having a Python interface to disk partitioning. :-)

> Note that I'm not recommending resizing a partition without backing up
> the data first - but I've yet to lose data. :)

Ditto.