curious apache log entry

24.64.50.122 www.domain.com - [31/Jan/2002:20:34:18 -0600] "GET
http://members.shaw.ca/mypunkpage/images/whatwouldtop.jpg H
TTP/1.1" 302 227 "http://members.shaw.ca/mypunkpage/content.htm"
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT)"

i'm getting this entry in my log files that seems really peculiar. the get
request is for an offnet website with a referral coming from said website.
i'm not exactly certain _how_ its being done here, but it certainly seems
malicious. at very least filling my logs.

can someone explain why this request is being processed by apache? the
status 302 make me believe that this is being passed.

thanks -c