Re: Linux Internet Server Project

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 18:17, Ricky Bryce wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Do you have any experience using VB to write to a MySQL or ProgreSQL
> Database?

A little.  I played with it once when considering a PostgreSQL server
for a Windows app.

These days, I do far too little Windows anything.

Python Rules!  (oops, sorry Steve :-)

> I have never done this before...  Just written to Access.  Does
> MySQL accept ODBC connections?

Yes.  PostgreSQL too.

Have some links:

http://sevainc.com/Access/
http://odbc.postgresql.org/
http://mysql.com/products/myodbc/index.html

> I am not that familiar with it.  I think
> Tim is wanting the VB to write directly to the Linux machine.  Thanks,

That's a good goal, but caution is always advised when mucking with
working production revenue-generating systems.  Best to do it gradually.