Re: Linux Internet Server Project

> > I have never done this before...  Just written to Access.  Does
> > MySQL accept ODBC connections?
>
> Yes.  PostgreSQL too.
>
> Have some links:
>
> http://sevainc.com/Access/
> http://odbc.postgresql.org/
> http://mysql.com/products/myodbc/index.html

At first glance these appear to have a lot of the information I will
eventually need. Thanks.

> > I am not that familiar with it.  I think
> > Tim is wanting the VB to write directly to the Linux machine.
Thanks,

> That's a good goal, but caution is always advised when mucking with
> working production revenue-generating systems.  Best to do it
gradually.

Eventually I will probably replace the existing VB app. One luxury I
have is that it's straightforward to run two systems in parallel. It
will be quite doable to leave the existing system run "as is" and
verify a new system performs as needed.

I appreciate all the suggestions that have been offered both here and
off list.

Tim