Re: proc mount, but acts like it isn't.

> Have you made sure that /proc is indeed in /etc/fstab as it's saying?
Heres the pertinent lines from my fstab.

/dev/hda2       /               reiserfs
/dev/hda1       none            swap    sw                      0       0
proc            /proc           proc    defaults                        0      0
Mark

> -Kara
>
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Blunier, Mark wrote:
>
> > I've got 2 machines running Debian Woody that act like proc
> is not mounted.
> > running ps as a user:
> >
> > user@linuxbox:~$ ps
> > Error: /proc must be mounted
> >   To mount /proc at boot you need an /etc/fstab line like:
> >       /proc   /proc   proc    defaults
> >   In the meantime, mount /proc /proc -t proc
> >
> > When I run ps as root, it hangs.  When I run mount, it shows
> > proc is mounted, but I cant remount it, and I can mount it a
> > second time.  After I mount it the second time, then things
> > work as usual.  Any ideas of what is wrong?
> >
> > linuxbox:~# mount
> > /dev/hda2 on / type reiserfs (rw)
> > proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> > linuxbox:~# ps
> >
> > linuxbox:~# mount proc /proc -t proc -o remount
> > mount: /proc not mounted already, or bad option
> > linuxbox:~# mount proc /proc -t proc
> > linuxbox:~# mount proc /proc -t proc -o remount
> >
> > Mark
Any opinions expressed in this message are not necessarily those of the company.