Re: PGP sig moved from Win2k to Linux

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 08:31:29AM -0800 or thereabouts, Robert Threet wrote:

> 1. Whenever I encrypt anything, it complains that the keys
> are not signed.  I tried signing them but it doesn't seem
> to recognize my original signature so my signatures,
> although permitted, are not "valid".  It still seems to
> work okay...  I've missed something somewhere.

I had no problem when importing my Win pgp keys long ago.  GPG 1.6
should see this.  Check out your dotgnupg/options file to set your
default key.  This could be why.

> 2. I don't trust the public key when I do an extract.  How
> do I make sure the public and private keys are not still
> "together"?

From the command line, do a gpg --list-keys

You should see both your pub and private keys..

There is also several GUI interfaces for GPG to manage keys.
Ghemesis (sp), or tkgpg are two.  You can get more info off of
gnugp.org, and it will mention the interfaces for gpg..

--
Best regards,
Gary

Today's thought: Officer: "gee son....your eyes look red, have you been
drinkin?" Drunk: "gee officer...your eye's look glazed, have you been
eating dounuts?"