Re: Routing and setup questions for IPMasq and real IPs

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 06:53:20PM -0800 or thereabouts, Joe Newbie wrote:
> confusing what you are calling real and fake? I have a
> couple of registered IP address names that are in
> limbo and I haven't determined how to bind them so I
> can host my own stuff - since Insight won't give me
> anything resembling a static IP so I can register DNS
> proper. My router is directly connecting to my cable

You don't need a static IP address. There are several good sites that
will host your dynamic address and readjust it as needed.  So, you can
set up a site on your box..

Check out http://dns2go.deerfield.com (one guy hosts 13 domain names
dynamically). They are a good inexpensive DNS hosting service for
dynamic IPs.  Another is www.dyndns.com

--
Best regards,
Gary

Today's thought: Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.