Re: alternative alphabets

The instructions seem, pretty straightforward, but I'm just not catching
on too quickly. Sure enough 'echo $LANG' does show that I have en_US set
for language variable (i am running redhat 7.1 on console). In
/usr/lib/locale I found ru_RU as well as what seems to be a couple
different variations.
I tried doing an 'export LANG="ru_RU"' and then re-running vi, but nothing
seems to have changed regarding how my text is being diplayed.

Am I missing a step, or is it possible that I am maybe setting the
variable to an incorrect variable? The only cyrillic rpm that i see on
redhat's website is XFree86-cyrillic-fonts-4.0.3-5.i386.rpm which
certainly looks as though its more geared towards X11 rather than console.

I did a quick 'rpm -qa | grep ISO' and it returned empty, so perhaps I am
missing some font files?

-c