Re: alternative alphabets

yes, i can rename the file...

  mv file.txt file.html

and when i open the file in netscape/opera/ie the correct fonts is
displayed. i'm more interested though in getting the characters to be
recognized by the os so that i can vi the file and properly format it
through html.

i also tried fooling the os into printing out the characters to the
browser through an ssi...

open(FH, $file);
while(<FH>) {
  print