Re: 66mhz/64 bit pci motherboards?

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 02:33:25PM -0600, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 02:16:23PM -0600, Danny Sauer wrote:
> > So, the 760 MPX is worse than the 760 MP?  I thought that the MPX was
> > supposed to fix problems with the original MP...
>
> I think the Tiger is still 760MP, but I could be wrong.

The Tiger MPX uses the 760 MPX chipset (the mp didn't support 66MHz pci),
and has the cool extra power supply connector I wanted on a dual athlon
board:

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tigermpx.html

Does that change anything in your humble opinion (aside from the gain
from using a 66MHz bus between the northbridge and southbridge)?  I'm
not finding much on linux and the 760MPX - but I've not been looking
for long.

If nothing else, I'd like to support tyan because they actually use
the full "html" extension on html pages... :)

--Danny, not as set on .jpeg v/s .jpg...