Re: Apt---

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:46:38AM -0600, Erich Schroeder wrote:
> > Ok, I got it working. I decided to test it by runing an upgrade for
> > openssh. It's upgrading 384 packages (should have done the dist upgrade).
>
> If you were trying to update openssh, you needed to do "apt-get
> install openssh".  If you said "upgrade", it'll upgrade the whole
> system.

Yup, that's what it did. This is OK with me, although not what I expected.
I found after the upgrade that it wouldn't boot up (just showed LI and
froze), but booting from the skipjack disk into rescue alowed me to rerun
lilo and then it worked.

eks

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/