Re: forcing an rcs initial checkin

> Hmm.. guess they're utilizing their tape backups on a frequent basis then
> to recover their overwritten data files...
>
> As for the 'initial' issue, good grepping :-)

	honestly speaking, i've never really dug too deeply in the
	differences between rcs and cvs. before i went to work for
	my current employer, i had never used either, so rcs seemed
	like a pretty good idea. the systems group are some serious
	perl-folk and write a nice little wrapper for vi that will
	let users call vi and it will automagically checkout the file
	you're working on and check it back into rcs after you're
	through with it. so, for editing router configs and such, it
	suits its purpose. i'm never in springfield for a lug meeting,
	but maybe rcs/cvs is a decent topic for a meeting, or maybe
	a springfield.pm meeting.

	-c