Re: php for apache as a non-dso

i havent done much with mod_dav, but the idea of asking for participation
of users strikes me as humorous. i've actually managed to recompile apache
with DSO support and it seems to load mod_frontpage appropriately. i'm
using the following as my config.status:

./configure \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--enable-module=ssl" \
"--add-module=mod_frontpage.c" \
"--enable-shared=max" \
"--enable-module=most" \
"--disable-module=auth_dbm" \
"$@"

pretty, basic. however now, when i load up apache using startssl, the
SSLEngine command isnt understood aside from its intial instance in the
_default_:443 virtual host. the docs on mod_ssl:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_reference.html#ToC7

show that it should be supported in server config as well as vhosts. any
thoughts right offhand on why that would be happening?

thanks -c