Korn Shell...any ideas?

At work I have been set up to log in to a SunOS 5.6 macine using the Korn
shell...I have a bin dir in my home dir that I have put a copy of Bash for
SunOS in. Used to be I had my $PATH set up to include this bin dir and was
just able to type "bash" once I logged in and away I went. NOOOOWWWW all of
a sudden that $PATH statement isnt getting registered even though its still
in my .kshrc file. So my questions are:

1: is there another .file I can control Korn with?
2: is there a way if question 1 is answered to have it execute "bash" upon
my login.

And, before anyone asks, no I dont think I can have the admin guy change my
shell...they are stuborn. I had to beg and plead to get some perl modules
installed.

Tim Grossner
voice - 217-438-6161
pager - 217-467-3148