Re: help, mind lock, i'm running out of ideas fast

On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 09:22, Bob T. Kat wrote:
> It was only ps that was hanging, unless you were shutting down then the
> whole box would hang because it was looking for the processes to kill
> from proc (which wasn't there), has anyone ever told you you're a genius
> now if I could just figure out why in the world it's not just mounting
> proc on boot, oh an BTW the df command reported back that proc was
> mounted on /proc and it had the exact same size and dimensions as the
> root filesystem, after doing the mount command it no longer shows up in
> df, at least now I have something to work with, thanks

Sounds like /etc/mtab (a record of mounted file systems) got out of sync
with what really was mounted.  That, plus the missing /proc mount,
screwed you.

Make sure the /proc line Mark mentioned is in /etc/fstab; if it isn't,
add it.  At that point, you should be all set.