Re: ipforward with ipchains

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 12:28, Dan Fleischer wrote:
> I've setup a RH 7.1 box as a firewall running ipchains for someone in
> the office.  He has occasional power outages, some longer than the UPS
> can handle, which require me to go in and manually start ipforwarding.
> Is there a way to set this to turn on automatically when the computer
> reboots itself?

The quick-n-dirty way to do it is to write a shell script that contains
the commands you need to set up the firewall, put it in
/etc/rc.d/init.d, and symlink it to /etc/rc.d/rc[2-5].d.  Name the
script itself whatever you want, but make the symlink names look like
"SxxNAME", where "xx" is a two-digit number and "NAME" is the name of
the script.  If you look in one of the rcX.d dirs, you'll see what I
mean.  The scripts get executed in numeric order by the "xx", so set
that number appropriately.