two workstations, one tower

I was wondering if it is viable to have two monitors using two different video cards use different mice and keyboards but still all be wired through the same tower. I've done a little reading on the subject and I think that by using two different config files for X I could get this done but I'm not quite sure. Anybody have any experience at this?

I was planning on using my emachines 366. right now it has onboard mach64 video plus a pci S3 Trio card. I can get either to be used by linux and fbsd by changing my display settings in my bios but I was wondering really about the mice and keyboards. Right now I have two usb ports open and I'm planning on using them to add another mouse and keyboard. Any recommendations on usb mice, usb keyboards, and a new distro (perhaps one that someone would be willing to burn for me to cdrs?) that supports usb well.

Brandon Adams (being too poor to buy another computer then network the two and too uneducated in the field of hardware to figure out what's wrong with his 486 and just use his emachine as a single computer).