deleting with rsync

Can someone tell me if I have an incorrect flag in this rsync string? My
goal is to keep the receiving side mirrored with the sending side.
Currently however, nothing on the receiving side is being deleted when it
is removed on the sending side...

ARGS="-aH --partial --delete-after -e ssh"

This is my current string being used. The only thing that I see is in the
--delete description is states that IO errors would cause --delete to be
turned off. I havent seen any IO errors in /var/log/messages. Is there
anyplace else I should be looking?

thanks -c