Re: tomorrow's meeting

Did you come up with anything? I'd like to hear an overview of what's new
in "Null/RH 8.0". It would be interesting to talk about how "apt-able"
cdroms are made (like those available from:

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/apt.html

and I know that our SUSE users would be interested in hearing if there are
apt repositories available/possible for them.

I've got a new ATI card in my desktop and have the hardware acceleration
working, but I wouldn't mind having a tour of the GATOS pages with a
description of how the steps needed. I'm not sure I remember what I did.
It would probably be good to expand that to the Nvidia drivers.

Oh, and there is wireless. We have an access point in the room now, and
there is always the alpha AP project.

Let me know if you need anything special set up. The meeting will be in
the front room, although it is a bit more crowded than normal.

Erich

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Did we already have a topic?  I honestly can't remember if we
> discussed anything at the last meeting.
>
> If not, anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Steve

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/