Re: Cisco IPSec Client

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 20:24, Benjamin Story wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has messed with the Cisco VPN/IPsec client
> for linux.  I need to get it working on my Mandrake box, but it fails
> during the negotiation.  I've gone through trying to get help from
> Cisco and they were clueless about their own product.  Anyone with
> experience would be appreciated.  I'll post my pcf file if anyone can help.

I've never heard of a Cisco IPSec client for Linux.  Interesting.

If you're connecting two (or more) boxes running Linux, Solaris, or one
of the BSDs, I would recommend using vtun instead of IPSec.  It's very
easy to set up and has many useful options.  You can find it on
vtun.sourceforge.net.

For IPSec on Linux, I would probably recommend FreeS/WAN, at
www.freeswan.org.