Re: RH 8 RAID 1 question

My (somewhat limited) experience has been that booting a RAID setup in a pinch is troublesome.  As well, when I was experimenting with RAID at one point, I couldn't get RAID to work w/o having root on it's own drive to initialize the RAID from raidtab.  This doesn't seem to be a problem any more however.

Actually... I'm looking at the RAID HOWTO now, and it seems that my information is/was old.  There are sections on booting from RAID that still look somewhat hackish, but manageable.

In the end however, I feel that it's easier to customize and fine-tune my RAID configs for optimal performance by only using RAID with certain setups and items, such as database files.

I'd like to hear some opinions from the guys who are playing with this stuff all the time, though.