Re: Distros (byte-ranging)

> I would hope that given a URL for a large file, any sane person would
> use something like wget to download it, not a browser (which wasn't
> made for downloading files).

I would think that anyone seeing a URL would be doing so in a browser in the
first place - like when they are visiting a website or reading their email.

I'd bet money that very, very, very few people *stop* using a browser
to launch a command-line tool to download a URL - instead of just
"clicking on the link". And no browsers I know of call an external browser
to follow a URL when they already know quite well how to do so on their own.

So, while your instructions are efficient, most users are not, and merely do
whatever involves the least amount of effort and thought. Thus, my noting
that they are very, very, very likely to be using a general browser, which do
not support restarts. QED.

Look at your webserver logs - what's the ratio of folks that do as you say vs
the ones that use a browser anyway? I doubt it supports your wish that
your users are "sane". Well, OK, this is LUCI. Maybe that's not a fair
population to sample "sane" people from... <g>

Mike808/