Re: Distros (byte-ranging)

> In a related note, I have a few not-technically-advanced shell users
> on one of my systems, and they'd like to upload files to the
> system. What's the easiest way for them to do this? Pscp seems pretty
> GAR to me, mainly because command.com is such an ass shell. It'd be
> nice if there were a gui scp program for Windows.

There is. http://www.vandykesoftware.com/
SecureFX - $60/seat and commercial support is available.

And if you are looking for a nice PuTTY-compatible windows SCP application,
Try WinSCP from http://winscp.vse.cz/eng/index.php

License is same as PuTTY's, and is $0 per seat. Commercial support not
available, but I'm sure you can negotiate something. People tend to be open to
figuring out a way to receive money. However, the author is in Czechoslovakia.

If you use Pageant, WinSCP will use your keys from PuTTY, which is pretty nifty.

> Remember, research *then* wank.

You first. I'll give your opinion some credibility when 1) you base them on
facts and not mythical utopian fantasizing, and 2) you are open to the notion of
rational discussion. Invoking Godwin's law is a clear sign that you are not open
to any other opinion other than your own. Why should I give you any more credit
than you're willing to give anyone else on your own narcissistic, navel-gazing
pronouncements?

In contrast to my explaining the rationale to my conclusions and opinions, I
have heard nothing to support the claims to the contrary. I'm sorry, but "It
sucks because I say so" isn't a rational argument, and certainly doesn't
imbue any authority or credibility on the speaker of such pronouncements.

> [President Jimmy] Carter told Americans the truth and they hated him
> for it. [They] responded by throwing him out of office and replaced
> him with a movie actor who promised to restore the Great Enterprise to
> all its former glory, whatever the costs.
>           -- James Howard Kunstler, _The Geography of Nowhere_

Interesting quote, O Mighty invoker of Godwin's Law.
So, are you the actor or the chimp that co-starred with the actor?

Mike808/