Re: finding IP address

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 10:36:37AM -0500, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 09:23, Danny Sauer wrote:
> > Hey, another netboot config question:  How do I find my client's IP
> > address without ifconfig?  It's gotta be *somewhere* in /proc, but
> > I'll be darned if I can find it...
>
> Don't bother.  Use busybox instead:
>
> http://busybox.net/
>
> It provides an ifconfig equivalent.

I *am* using busybox, but didn't bother to build in ifconfig since the
network configuration is all handled on boot by the kernel. :)

I suppose that I could rebuild it with ifconfig/route included, but that
just encourages me to mess with the network setup.  No sense making these
thin-client-type machines any easier to mess with than neccesary... ;)

--Danny, not looking forward to making X work on these machines