Re: X Config Problems w/ RH 8.0 and GeForce4

mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Maybe it's something the nVidia driver writer people overlooked when
> they messed with your kernel and X setup before you installed their
> stuff.
I was thinking that too and repeated the procedure with the same
hardware minus the nVidia code (no kernel module and no X driver) and
had the same thing happen. I'm still left wondering why this version of
X freaks when no other version has.

> BTW, DisplaySize tells X the true size of your screen in millimeters.
> Try using integers, too.
I copied the DisplaySize directly from the config that the redhat
installer generated for me. Thanks for the info, btw.

Brandon Joseph Adams
bja@illinois.dyndns.org